Updated and effective as of January 27, 2019.
– The Website may require Children to provide their name, but will not require any contact information from the children in order to take part in any courses or membership. We, and third-party service providers, may automatically collect IP address and similar device identifiers from Website visitors – but only for analytical and other internal-operations purposes.
– The Website does collect personal information from parents, guardians, and other adults (for example, if you purchase a paid course).
WHAT INFORMATION DOES KIDSINORBIT.COM COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Kidsinorbit.com collects “Personal Information” which is information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you as specific person (for example, first and last name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number), and other information, some of which we collect automatically when you visit the Website.
The Website does not generally collect name, address, or other contact information from Children, other than the limited circumstances set forth below. However, we, and our third-party service providers, may collect a “Device Identifier” associated with the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Platform (for example, an IP address). These Device Identifiers are considered Personal Information for Children. We, and our third-party service providers, use Device Identifier information solely to support internal operations, including operating Website features.
The Website or third party providers may occasionally collect a Child’s first name solely for participation in the courses.
Please note that we will not condition a Child’s participation in a Website activity on the Child’s disclosing more than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity. We use Personal Information only for the purpose that it was provided and for internal purposes.
In some cases, we will collect Personal Information from a parent, guardian, or other adult. We use information collected from adults:
– to process transactions and provide our products and services;
– to provide information, products, or services that we believe will interest you or you have agreed to receive, including special offers from us and other companies;
– to contact you regarding your account, our policies or your use of the Website;
– to improve our products and services and for our internal business purposes; and
When you use the Website, we (and our third-party service providers) may automatically or passively collect certain “Usage Information,” such as the browser and operating system you are using, information on how you arrived at the Website, and all of the areas within our Website that you visit. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Website and our products and services.
We, and our third-party service providers, may use the following or similar technologies to collect Usage Information and Device Identifier:
Cookies & Local Storage. A cookie is a data file placed on your computer or other device when you visit the Website. Certain web browsers and add-ons we utilize, such as Adobe Flash, may provide additional local data storage mechanisms that are used in a manner similar to cookies. For example, a Flash cookie is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plugin, which may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your computer or other device. Cookies, Flash cookies, and other local storage may be used for various purposes, such as enabling Website features, and similar operational purposes. If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust privacy settings on your device, some features of the Website may not function properly. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit Adobe.
Web Beacons. We and our third-party service providers may use web beacons (small graphic images or other web programming code, also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) and similar technologies. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including counting visitors and monitoring how users navigate the Website.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HOW DOES KIDSINORBIT.COM SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
Kidsinorbit.com does not disclose Children’s Personal Information to third parties, except with regard to the safety and security of the Website as discussed above, and to service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Website and who do not disclose or use the Personal Information for any other purpose. These service providers provide support services, such as hosting the Website and operating its features, or performing other administrative services. Kidsinorbit.com may provide these companies with access to Children’s Personal Information so that they can perform services on our behalf. These service providers have agreed to keep Personal Information they obtain from Kidsinorbit.com confidential and secure.
– Other Third Party Service Providers. In addition to those third-party service providers described above, we may provide information collected from adult users of the Platform to other service providers so that they can perform services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, addressing customer service inquiries, and sending email or other communications. In some instances, you may provide your Personal Information directly to an identified third party through a widget or other third party-hosted feature on the Website, such as when providing payment information during the purchasing process.
– Administrative or Legal Reasons. We may also disclose information to third parties: (i) where, in our opinion, such disclosure is required by law (including to respond to a subpoena); (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; or (iii) to protect and/or defend policies applicable to the Website or to protect ourselves or any other individual or entity.
– Business Transfers. We may also disclose information, including Personal Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Website or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy, the sale of any Kidsinorbit.com ownership interest or asset, or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
DOES THE PLATFORM USE THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS?
Kidsinorbit.com works with analytics providers to provide us with information regarding Website traffic. Our service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device. They may collect or we may give them access to your Device Identifier and Usage Information, provided that your Device Identifier will be used only to support internal operations.
ARE THERE THIRD-PARTY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE?
Certain content on the Website may be hosted and served by third parties. In addition, the Website may contain links to third-party websites that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy or data collection practices of any third party.
WHAT RIGHTS DO PARENTS HAVE?
Parents have the right to review and request that Kidsinorbit.com delete any Personal Information that the Website has collected and retained about their Child. If you would like to request that Kidsinorbit.com delete any Personal Information we may have about your Child (such as name) or if you would like to request that the Website make no further collection of Personal Information from your Child, please contact Kidsinorbit.com at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT STEPS DOES KIDSINORBIT.COM TAKE TO SECURE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Kidsinorbit.com takes reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information collected from Website users. We also take reasonable steps to release Children’s Personal Information, if any, only to service providers and third parties who are capable of and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of that information.
HOW DO I CONTACT KIDSINORBIT.COM?
Mailing address: Kids in Orbit
Gemini, Blata Kahla Street
Santa Venera SVR1814
Call: +356 99137697
LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for individual data subjects (“EU Data Subject Rights”). You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of our services. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the rights to access or rectify Personal Data, object to or restrict further processing, or request the erasure of Personal Data or, where feasible, to have it moved to a new service provider (“data portability”). You must be 16 years or older to make a request or else have your parent contact us on your behalf.
Normally, we can respond to requests for access within 72 hours. If we cannot honor your request concerning Data Subject Rights within 30 days, we will inform you and provide an explanation. When technically feasible, at your request, we will provide your Personal Data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
If you have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the relevant national data protection supervisory authority and lodge a complaint.
For all EU Data Subject Rights requests, please contact us at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your EU Data Subject Rights” in the subject field of your request and include in the request the name of the Services with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your contact information.